I am confused about DHCP

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jun 17 02:52:14 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 16:10 +0200, Antonio M wrote:
> I see the uid only for Windows computers (don't be fooled by ethernet
> 00:16:d4:dc:a7:08, this is a dual-boot machine, actually it can start
> with Vista, F9, F10!!!)

And that's enough to make that connection different from the last one.
You can configure your DHCP server not to care, but the default is to
take that as a good reason to treat it as a different computer system,
where using a different IP can be beneficial.

Have you read the man files for DHCP and the configuration file?

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.6-55.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.