F8 Update Tromps on Network

TNWestTex mcforum at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 17 13:33:51 UTC 2008

Tim-163 wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 18:18 +0200, Robert McBroom (TNWestTex) wrote:
>> It is an unwarranted assumption that all systems are connected with a
>> DHCP server!!!
>
> It's been the way, for quite some time, than if you didn't manually
> configure network settings during/post install, it automatically set up
> things for DHCP.
>
> Does it not ask about that?  (I've set all my recent installs up to use
> DHCP.)
>
> --
> [tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
> 2.6.25.6-55.fc9.i686

This was just catching up on the updates to a working F8 system that was
fully configured not an install.  ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-eth1 in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts were replaced by new ones that used DHCP.
The existing ones were faithfully renamed to ifcfg-eth0.bak so copy restored
the system.

Robert McBroom