Low Wireless Speed While Using Network Manager

Manish Kathuria mkathuria at tuxtechnologies.co.in
Tue Jun 17 13:52:57 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have a Broadcom BCM94311MCG Wireless Mini PCI Card on my laptop and
use the Network Manager on Fedora 9 to connect to the wireless
network. I just observed that the Wireless Speed or the Bit Rate does
not exceed 2 Mbps even when the laptop is close to the wireless
router. The bit rate used to be much higher and even touch 54 Mbps
when I had configured the interface directly without using the Network
Manager. Even though the current version of Network Manager
(NetworkManager-0.7.0-0.9.3.svn3623.fc9.x86_64) allows me to edit
connection properties but it does not provide any setting for the Bit
Rate. Is there a way out to increase the wireless connection speed
while using Network Manager ?

Thanks,
--
Manish Kathuria