how to disable global auto replay for certain sender adresses

Götz Reinicke goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Tue Jun 17 14:47:45 UTC 2008

max schrieb:
> Götz Reinicke wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> we do have a fax/voicebox system, which forwards the
>> messages/audiorecords as an attachement to users e-mail-address.
>>
>> The sender-address is  voice/PhoneNumber at mail.filmakademie.de
>>
>> PhoneNumber is the callers/fax-senders number.
>>
>> Now, I do have the problem of auto replays to such messages e.g. if
>> users are out of office or quota exceeded, as the sender-adresses are
>> no real existing addresses, so the mailserver ping-pongs e-mails and
>> warnings about unknown users and quotas.
>>

> Stab in the dark....
>
> Why not use just one real account to handle the forwarding of messages,
> you have worked out already how to get the attachment to the end user,
> so the sorting portion is in place. Also you need to figure out how to
> erase the messsage once forwarded so you don't get quota alerts though
> depending on what system you are using this may not be so simple. Hope
> that helps.

Hi, I had some other things to manage before I could reply.

May be my question and description was a little bit imprecise; any users
hast his own fax/voicebox account on the fax/voicebox server and an
e-mail account on an e-mail server.

The quota which may exceed ist the quota on the e-mail server which
generates the replay/quota-warning and send's it to an address
voice/PhoneNumber at mail.filmakademie.de But this is an address which is
"fake".

Any idea is welcome!

Best regards

Götz
--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Mathildenstr. 20
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Dr. Christoph Palmer, MdL, Minister a.D.

Geschäftsführer:
Prof. Thomas Schadt