Firefox for ever

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 19:58:17 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 23:06 +0930, Tim wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 11:53 +0000, Tom Horsley wrote:
> > For the boot log, I'd probably need a custom kernel for the tty to
> > translate the output to 5 level baudot code and run the serial
> > interface at 12 baud though :-).
>
> But then your computer would sound like a real (Hollywood) computer,
> with clattering and whirring when it was doing something.  Of course,
> it'd need some blinking lights adding, too...

I bought a Unisys 5000-90 from Federal Surplus (3 cabinets weighing 800
pounds apiece) full of blinky lights, two reel-reel tape drives and 4
500 meg harddrives weighing 100's of pounds apiece. It drew 60 amps at
220 volts and you could only start one drive at a time. I loved that
monster. It had 4 68020's running parallel. I paid more a month to run
it than it cost me initially. But what a toy! Ric
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
https://oar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 336-254-1339