ipod applications (OT)

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Wed Jun 18 06:39:29 UTC 2008

Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> I've always used Banshee with my 5th generation iPod and had no
> trouble with it. The only trouble is, I think GTKPod is the only
> application that won't want to entirely replace the database on your
> iPod, but I could be wrong... Haven't used mine in a while!

I've tested my ipod with numerous tools and not had any of the linux
tools try to stomp on the database in the rude manner in which iTunes
is known to do.

It's been a while since I tested this with banshee, but I'd be
surprised (and saddened) if they had adopted this sort of horrible
misfeature.

The most important single central fact about a free market is that no
exchange takes place unless both parties benefit.
    -- Milton Friedman