minimal instaaliation to support ssh-Xforwarding

Jouk Jansen joukj at hrem.nano.tudelft.nl
Wed Jun 18 09:55:58 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I'm running a server without any graphical device. So presently most of the
xorg-server packages are not installed. However I woud like to connect to
this server using "ssh -Y" and using X-applications on the server and
displaying it on my client.

 Up to now : Xfowarding is enabled in /etc/ssh/conf_sshd
             I installed xorg-x11-xauth to get the DISPLAY environment set
	       correctly to localhost:10.0

 Starting a X-applications gives me :
      X11 connection rejected because of wrong authorization
      the applicateion xxxxxx lost its connection to the display localhost:10.0
      most likely the X server was shut down or you killed/destroyed
      the appliaction

 What packages should I install at least on my server? and which ones do I
have to start?

             Thanks
	         Jouk

Bush : All votes are equal but some votes are more equal than others.

  Jouk Jansen

  joukj at hrem.nano.tudelft.nl

  Technische Universiteit Delft        tttttttttt  uu     uu  ddddddd
  Kavli Institute of Nanoscience       tttttttttt  uu     uu  dd    dd
  Nationaal centrum voor HREM              tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Lorentzweg 1                             tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  2628 CJ Delft                            tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Nederland                                tt      uu     uu  dd    dd
  tel. 31-15-2782272                       tt       uuuuuuu   ddddddd