Upgrade from 8 to 9: Yes or no ?

Martin Schoch mschoch at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 10:31:49 UTC 2008

Hello ,

silly - I know ;-) I have a Fedora 8 installation which runs perfectly
- with webserver as Intranet with many modules -- runs without any problems.

But Fedora 9 is out - should I make the upgrade or should I follow
"Never change a running system"?

As I understood many postings, an upgrade would be a very good idea -
much better and more stable would be a very fresh Installation. Only
then I would have to re-compile all my additional modules - I really
do not know whether the effort worthwhile ...

Someone made similar considerations and then did the upgrade then?

--
Best regards,
 Martin                          mailto:mschoch at gmail.com