Help in Wireless

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Wed Jun 18 12:15:04 UTC 2008

Nirav Shah wrote:

> This is the first time i am sending this email and quite new to the
> fedora. My problem is that i have installed Fedora 9 on my harddrive. It
> works perfectly with internet such as wireless but the problem i have got
> is that my wireless list cannot seem to find my router, i have tried
> everything, updating the system software and adding programs that might
> help but none of them have. Fedora 9 has recognised my card and says wlan0
> active but it cannot seem to find my router on the list.

Is NetworkManager (NM) running? ["ps aux | grep Network"]

If it is, you could try left-clicking on the NM icon in the panel,
going to Connect to Other Wireless Network
and fill in the details there.

But first, what does "iwlist scan" (run as root) say?

Ps You are not alone.
NM is notoriously bad at debugging.
It either works or doesn't work.