F9/64-bit on Mac Pro

John Burton j.c.burton at gats-inc.com
Wed Jun 18 14:44:16 UTC 2008

Zoltan Kota wrote:
> 2008/6/16 Chris Stark <cstark at hawaii.edu>:
>
>> Just out of curiosity, did you ever attempt to install F9/64-bit on your
>> MacBook Pro? If so, did you run into the same issue of USB/keyboard not
>> working?
>>

> Now I downloaded the F9 x86_64 Live image for testing. Attached an
> external USB keyboard and mouse to my MacBook Pro, the livedvd boots
> and both the keyboard and mouse seem to work.
>
> Zoltan

I installed F9 x86_64 on my MacBook Pro and was able to get it to work.
It wasn't the easiest thing in the world. I initially tried upgrading
from F8 x86_64, but had too many problems. I then did a fresh install
and had a working system. My main problem was not being able to compile
C, C++, & FORTRAN code for the i386 target (see my earlier post "Fedora
9 x86_64 system compiling for i386". If it weren't for that, I would be
using F9 on a MacBook Pro. As it is, I had to resort back to F8

John