bootable failed sw raid 1 with F9

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Jun 18 14:57:59 UTC 2008

>>> I have already experienced this problem and raised a report on Redhat
>>> bugzilla (no. 450722) although there  has been no response to it so
>>> far. I spent some time pinning the problem down to Fedora 9, (it is
>>> OK on Fedora 8 plus updates).

This probably should be closed as a duplicate of 160563 which is a long
standing request for grub-install to work with md devices. (Though really
it only makes sense for software raid 1, not all possible MD devices. But
normally /boot on MD device, implies the device is raid 1.)

I actually tried to open my own RFE before checking, but then found the
duplicate bug and closed it as a duplicate.