Fedora ain't playin' around w/Firefox 3.

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 18 15:13:05 UTC 2008

hi...

the issue of the FF security measures (and others) is that the data on the
URLs you visit might go back to a 3rd party company (IE google), which
could/would therefore have a track of the sites that you visit.

it's up to you to decide if you trust them with this kind of data and if you
value the service that it might provide to you, the user.

google claims that they're not going to do anything with the data, but
there's nothing to stop them if they do.

it would be nice if google/firefox actually would spell all of this out, as
well as make the default "off", but it's easier for them to have the user
have to opt out.

i didn't discover this, untill i was looking at the packets/traffic from my
FF browser and got curious about the "google" traffic when i wasn't using
google!!

if microsoft did this, people would scream like hell. if firefox/google does
it, it's aww... ain't that cute!!

bottom line, the user should be told what the hell is going on, without
having to have a degree in comp sci!!

peace!