Fedora ain't playin' around w/Firefox 3.

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 18:14:09 UTC 2008

--- On Wed, 6/18/08, Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Fedora ain't playin' around w/Firefox 3.
> To: fedora-list at redhat.com
> Date: Wednesday, June 18, 2008, 9:54 AM
> On Wed, 2008-06-18 at 08:34 -0700, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> >
> /***********************************************************************/
> > 8. U.S. GOVERNMENT END-USERS. This Product is a
> "commercial item," as
> > that term is defined in 48 C.F.R. 2.101, consisting of
> "commercial
> > computer software" and "commercial computer
> software documentation,"
> > as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 (Sept.
> 1995) and 48 C.F.R.
> > 227.7202 (June 1995). Consistent with 48 C.F.R.
> 12.212, 48 C.F.R.
> > 27.405(b)(2) (June 1998) and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202, all
> U.S. Government
> > End Users acquire the Product with only those rights
> as set forth
> > therein.
> >
> /***********************************************************************/
> >
> > is very much against Fedora's principles of Free
> Software.
>
> This applies to "U.S. Government End Users". Are
> you a U.S. Government
> End User?
>
> poc
>
> --
I knew someone was going to respond to this one, I did not read all the way that it said 8. U.S. GOVERNMENT END-USERS. This Product is a ...

I got excited to send this mail that I did not read carefully, but still I have an answer that should clear the deal *I hope*

``This Product is a "commercial item," as ...''

So is it commercial for Government Users and not for us regular citizens?

This is taking it steps further, Is there an exception that we did not know of?

Not an official government employee if you ask, but

Aren't we all part of the U.S Government?  We pay taxes.  Our government is Government of the People, By the people for the people, for the people
 -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

Lincoln told us that, was that a joke?

http://showcase.netins.net/web/creative/lincoln/speeches/gettysburg.htm

I guess for our government nowadays it could well very easily be.  They take away many of our freedoms that were granted back in the old days :(

Rahul,

will you encourage users to write a bug report against firefox, or just leave things as they are with the announcement on the page?

http://fedoraproject.org/static/firefox/

http://fedoraproject.org/static/firefox/website-services-agreement.html

Regards,

Antonio