F8 k3b problem or just random glitch?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Jun 18 22:23:28 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 18 June 2008, Rex Dieter wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Wednesday 18 June 2008, Tom Horsley wrote:
>>>I left a DVD-R being written by K3B, and when I came back
>>>later, it said the verify failed because there were
>>>no tracks to verify.
>>
>> That is because the verify phase of k3b will not wait till the drive has
>> recognized the disk after the eject cycle, so it errors out.  I have
>> squawked
>> about that on the k3b bz, to no avail.
>
>I wasn't aware of that, if a wait is all that is required, that may be
>something we can patch easy enough.  What's the bz you're referring to
>here?
>
>-- Rex

You ask the damnedest questions, Rex.  But I did search back through my corpus
of email, and it didn't get bz'd I guess, but I did have a lengthy conversation
with Sebastian Trueg about it without coming to any real solution that I can
recall.  The last disk I burnt was someplace in the 2.6.26-rc5-ish range for a
kernel, and it still failed.  The disk was fine by my own checks.
Ubuntu-8.04's install TBE.  I personally am not inclined to blame it on the
kernel unless some error message was changed and whatever k3b uses to keep
track of that stuff is now getting an answer it doesn't like or doesn't know
how to translate.  If it is a kernel problem, that's sure the area I'd have a
tail on the ChangeLog for. :)

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)