Sound doesn't work after suspend/hibernate Fedora 9

Endy endy at digitalgrotto.net
Thu Jun 19 02:13:04 UTC 2008

Matt Morgan wrote:
> When I boot my computer all the way up, sound works fine.
>
> When I return from suspend or hibernate, sound is gone. I don't get
> any obvious error messages, I just don't hear anything.
>
> It's Fedora 9, i386, on an intel board with integrated Intel sound.
> Any ideas/suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Matt
I had a similar problem with my dell...but that was on f8.  I haven't
had any issues in f9.  It's a pain in the ass, but dropping into
runlevel 3, rmmod-ing the sound module (probably snd-hda-intel) and then
experiencing it.  Good news is the next version of alsa is supposed to
have a ton of hda-intel improvements.
Endy