Upgrade from 8 to 9: Yes or no ?

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 14:04:01 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-06-19 at 12:32 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> I'd really like to find some way of keeping konqueror and firefox
> bookmarks
> sync'd, but it seems far from easy.  Then there's the problem of
> various
> boxes :-(

Not directly useful for Konqui, but Foxmarks on FF has worked well for
me on several platforms/machines. Note for the paranoid: Firefox does
not currently encrypt your data on its servers.

I just installed Weave, a new add-on for FF3 that's in testing. This
does encrypt everything and can optionally backup not only your
bookmarks but also cookies, passwords and history. I believe you can
also point it at your own server.

poc