Canon LBP 2900 drives me crazy

Bassel Safadi bassel.safadi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 18:15:11 UTC 2008

Hello every body,
just installed a fresh copy of fedora 8 to use as a file and print server,
I have a canon LBP2900 printer that used to print perfectly on windows two
days ago on the same machine before converting it to Linux,
cups see the printer with the latest driver installed from canon website
which is ( LBP2900 CAPT ver.1.5 )
now every time I send a print job to the printer  I got a massage ( Not
connected? ) and it says that the printer isn't connected I'm sure 100% that
the printer is connected but I think it's something related to usb detection
in linux, I tried and tried, but the print status keep saying that it's
processing the job but nothing actually printed and I keep getting those not
connected massages..

Thanks in advance for your help
Bassel Safadi