SEtroubleshooting (./.xsession-errors) ??

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Thu Jun 19 21:01:56 UTC 2008

Hi;

ERROR message in SEtroubleshooting.

        SELinux is preventing the pam_timestamp_c from using potentially
        mislabeled files (/root/.xsession-errors).

        [SELinux is in permissive mode, the operation would have been
        denied but was permitted due to permissive mode.]SELinux has
        denied pam_timestamp_c access to potentially mislabeled file(s)
        (/root/.xsession-errors). This means that SELinux will not allow
        pam_timestamp_c to use these files. It is common for users to
        edit files in their home directory or tmp directories and then
        move (mv) them to system directories. The problem is that the
        files end up with the wrong file context which confined
        applications are not allowed to access.

My Fedora 9 was recently fresh installed which would have included a
new .xsession-errors.  Contrary to the error message, I have not
changed, moved or besmirched root's .xsession-errors filein any way I
know of.

I am willing to follow SELinux's suggestion "If you want pam_timestamp_c
to access this files, you need to relabel them using restorecon -v
'/root/.xsession-errors'. You might want to relabel the entire directory
using restorecon -R -v '/root'. " If I can confirm I am not dealing with
a bug.

Is this a F9 bug?
--
Regards Bill;