Firefox for ever

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 19 21:04:00 UTC 2008

--- On Thu, 6/19/08, Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Firefox for ever
> To: fedora-list at redhat.com
> Date: Thursday, June 19, 2008, 12:41 PM
> On Thu, 2008-06-19 at 08:03 -0700, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> >  1) it does not require agreements
>
> Neither does FF. There is nothing to click through at least
> on Linux.
It is hidden remember.  That is why the reason for the other thread
Fedora ain't playin' around with Firefox.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2008-June/msg02153.html

> >  2) puts no toolbars
>
> FF toolbars can all be turned on or off (See
> View->Toolbars)

No you took it the wrong way.  i.e, yahoo toolbar, google toolbar those type of toolbars :)

> >  3) integrates nicely in KDE and works also in GNOME
> like k3b
>
> FF is built for Gnome but also works under KDE. What does
> "integrated" mean in this context?
It means that konqueror is an integrated web browser for KDE, file manager and ..., some of the duties might have been relegated to Dolphin, but that is another thing.

> >  4) does not hog up the CPU like firefox does
>
> FF does doesn't hog the cpu either, as far as I can see
> after a day or so. The beta versions did do this, as has been discussed.

This depends on the CPU of course, if it is an old 450MHz, then firefox takes it to high levels, but if it is a decent Pentium IV with 2.4 GHZ, then it works OK.

> poc
>
> --

Regards,

Antonio