Boinc problems ??

Adalbert Prokop adalbert.prokop at gmx.de
Thu Jun 19 21:44:08 UTC 2008

William Case wrote on Thursday 19 June 2008:

Hello!

> When I launch boincmgr I get the following error message:
>
>         "Authorization failed connecting to running client.
>         Make sure you start this program in the same directory as the
>         client."
>
> They are both in /usr/bin/ and boinc_client is running happily.

How exactly do you start boincmgr?

Did you start boincmgr from the same directory where boinc is running, As
suggested by the error message? Boincmgr is looking for the file
gui_rpc_auth.cfg in the current directory, i.e. if you have installed
boinc into ~/BOINC then

cd $HOME; BOINC/boincmgr

will not work, but

cd $HOME/BOINC; ./boincmgr

will.

--
Tschüss,
Adalbert Prokop

mummy, n.: An Egyptian who was pressed for time.