Boinc problems ??

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Thu Jun 19 22:07:36 UTC 2008

Hi Adalbert;

Now I am totally confused.

On Thu, 2008-06-19 at 23:44 +0200, Adalbert Prokop wrote:
> William Case wrote on Thursday 19 June 2008:
>
> Hello!
>
> > When I launch boincmgr I get the following error message:
> >
> >         "Authorization failed connecting to running client.
> >         Make sure you start this program in the same directory as the
> >         client."
> >
> > They are both in /usr/bin/ and boinc_client is running happily.
>
> How exactly do you start boincmgr?

I tried using the launcher in menu that was placed there by the
automatic installation when I yum install boinc; and,

I tried boincmgr from the user command line.

> Did you start boincmgr from the same directory where boinc is running, As
> suggested by the error message?

I have no $HOME/BOINC;  (I used to in Fedora 8)
yum installed all boinc files in /var/lib/boinc/ including
gui_rpc_auth.cfg.

I have executables for boinc_client and boincmgr in /usr/bin

--
Regards Bill;
Fedora 9, Gnome 2.22.2