Headset and speakers problem

stan goedigi89__e at cox.net
Thu Jun 19 22:56:08 UTC 2008

Fernando Apesteguía wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using F9 x86_64.
>
> I have noticed a weird thing, I can't solve:
>
> If I plug my headset, the speakers don't mute. I've tried to dig into
> volume control and PulseAudio, but I can't make them work properly.
>
> Any hints?
>
> Thanks in advance

This sounds like an error in the alsa driver.  Could you run the script at

http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-info.sh

and post the link back here.  It will scan your machine and find
sound related information, posting it to a web site, giving you a
link.

You could also go to gmane.org and search the alsa-user and alsa-devel
mailing lists for your problem (or even the web).