Real player doesn't work on F9 under KDE

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 23:00:13 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-20 at 00:39 +0200, Bassel Safadi wrote:
> I think real player is is trying to load nodoka engine (32-bit)
>
> try installing (gtk-nodoka-engine.i386):
>
> yum install gtk-nodoka-engine.i386

OK, the errors are fewer:

        Opening ALSA PCM device default
        Opening ALSA PCM device default
        The program 'realplay.bin' received an X Window System error.
        	etc.

So now it's an ALSA problem. Still, it's an improvement I guess. I'm
using PulseAudio and I don't have problems with sound in Flash, Amarok,
Mplayer etc.

poc