Boinc problems ??

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Thu Jun 19 23:59:03 UTC 2008

Thanks Adalbert;

Mostly joy.

On Fri, 2008-06-20 at 00:56 +0200, Adalbert Prokop wrote:
> William Case wrote on Friday 20 June 2008:
>
> > I have no $HOME/BOINC;  (I used to in Fedora 8)
> > yum installed all boinc files in /var/lib/boinc/ including
> > gui_rpc_auth.cfg.
>
> If gui_rpc_auth.cfg is there and readable for you, then
>
> cd /var/lib/boinc; boincmgr

needed cd /var/lib/boinc; sudo boincmgr
Doesn't ask for a password.  Don't know why.

> should start the manager. If this works, you can fill /var/lib/boinc into
> the field "working directory" in your menu entry.

Don't have a working directory field in the menu entry that I know of,
just a command line -- but I can't get the above command (or variations)
to launch from the menu or Icon/launcher.

I am getting forgetful, tired and old -- or all three.  I'll leave it
until tomorrow.

--
Regards Bill;
Fedora 9, Gnome 2.22.2