Real player doesn't work on F9 under KDE

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 00:00:12 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-20 at 01:38 +0200, Bassel Safadi wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 1:00 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan
> <pocallaghan at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>         OK, the errors are fewer:
>
>                Opening ALSA PCM device default
>                Opening ALSA PCM device default
>                The program 'realplay.bin' received an X Window System
>         error.
>
>                This probably reflects a bug in the program.
>                        etc.
>
>         So now it's an ALSA problem. Still, it's an improvement I
>         guess. I'm
>         using PulseAudio and I don't have problems with sound in
>         Flash, Amarok,
>         Mplayer etc.
>
> if you have desktop effects enabled, please disable them and post the
> full error massage you get when trying to run real player from
> terminal if any..

I don't have desktop effects (you mean Compiz etc. right?). Anyway,
here's the full dope:

        [poc at bree:S1] realplay http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsa/n5ctrl/summaries/world/bb/video/world_bb.ram?ad=1&ct=50
        [1] 22691
        [poc at bree:S1] Opening ALSA PCM device default
        Opening ALSA PCM device default
        The program 'realplay.bin' received an X Window System error.
        The error was 'BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)'.
          (Details: serial 43 error_code 8 request_code 140 minor_code 13)

        [1]+  Done                    realplay http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsa/n5ctrl/summaries/world/bb/video/world_bb.ram?ad=1

poc