ssh_exchange_identification

Rahul Tidke rahul at excelize.com
Fri Jun 20 08:33:27 UTC 2008

Hello All,

My ssh is not working today; every time I try to login to our web server
I get following error message. I tried to login using both remote server
host name and IP address, I observed that IP address of our web server
has been changed so I removed all the previous entries for the web
server in my /root/.ssh/known_hosts file and tried once again, but still
getting the same error message. What could be the possible reason behind
this error message? Is it my configuration or remote web server
configuration that is causing the problem?

ssh_exchange_identification : Connection closed by remote host

What is the meaning of this error, I could not find this on SSH mailing
list and documentation. Could not get satisfactory answer form Google
search also.

Thank you.

Regards
Rahul.