FC 9 Installation IOError: [Errno 5] Input/output error (2)

Jonathan Dieter jdieter at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 16:54:28 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-20 at 16:40 +0200, Daniel Kirsten wrote:
> Hallo,
<snip>
> When the installation program installs the rpm-packages from the DVD,
> it stops after some hundred packages and gives a long python-related
> error message ending by
>
>    IOError: [Errno 5] Input/output error
>
> Then, the installation terminates...

This looks like you're either having read errors off of the DVD or write
errors to the drive.  You could try switching to the second or third (or
possibly fourth, I forget which) terminal where the error output is.  It
should at least tell you whether it's a read error or a write error.

Jonathan