vncviewer listen problem

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Fri Jun 20 17:53:47 UTC 2008

I'm having a vnc problem. We support remote users with vnc by putting
our machines in listen mode (vncviewer -listen). An automated process
through a web site has the user's pc make a connection. On windows the
vnc software gives a prompt and after you click yes it pops up the
window.

I'm running vncviewer -listen. I can see a connection in the xterm
window. It looks something like this:
Connected to RFB server, using protocol version 3.8
vncviewer: VNC server closed connection
VNC connection failed

In researching this issue it looks like I may have to use vncconnect.
The man pages make it look like it's not the same type of connection.

Anyone know how to do this on linux? Be able to be in listen
mode and bring up a vnc window when another pc connects?

Thanks,
James