Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 19:29:36 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 9:49 AM, Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net> wrote:
> Mike Bird wrote:
>
>> My loyalty is to keeping my systems secure and my users productive.
>> It's hard to believe that Red Hat would ship KDE 4.1 in F10, but if
>> it does KDE users will just choose another distro and install it.
>
> Speak for yourself.
> I doubt if you speak for anyone else.
> You certainly don't speak for this KDE user.
>
> --

He is speaking for me.  I was a RedHat / Fedora user 10 years, 1 month
ago, I became an Ubuntu user.

Being a beta tester for RedHat is OK as a way of life, but the other
companies for which I test stuff give me free samples :)

It never came clear to me until I read Ann Wilson's post in this
thread:  "We should always remember that Fedora
does not set out to be the stable desktop required in most production
situations.  You use it at your peril,  The fact that it actually
works in most situations is a bonus."

It never really struck me that way: if you use Fedora, you don't have
a reason to expect that  your PC will actually work. Well, I do need
it to start up sometimes so I can read this group.

pj

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science