Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Jun 20 19:47:10 UTC 2008

Konstantin Svist wrote:

>> It would be a significant amount of work, but if someone was interested
>> and willing to do something like that, more power to 'em.

> Okay then, _how much_ work would someone need to put into this?
> Would it need to be constantly maintained or would it mostly be a
> one-time effort? In either case, how many man-hours would you estimate
> it might take up?

Time commitment would likely be proportional to your expections of quality and continuing support.  To do well, and if *I* were doing it, my estimations would be at least ~6 hours up front, including pkg builds, hosting, deployment, plus who know how much extra time/effort for onging support and bugfixes.

-- Rex