Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 20 20:50:58 UTC 2008

On Friday 20 June 2008 20:53:12 Rex Dieter wrote:
> Paul Johnson wrote:
> > Being a beta tester for RedHat is OK as a way of life
>
> Well, to be closer to the truth s/RedHat/KDE/
>
> > It never came clear to me until I read Ann Wilson's post in this
> > thread:  "We should always remember that Fedora
> > does not set out to be the stable desktop required in most production
> > situations.  You use it at your peril,  The fact that it actually
> > works in most situations is a bonus."
>
> That statement was a bit unfortunate, esp on differing expections around
> what defines a 'stable desktop' and .production situations'.  But, the
> statement taken at face value "the fact that it actually works in most
> situations is a bonus" isn't accurate imo.  Users can and should expect
> Fedora to "just work".
>
> At that poijnt, we can all bikeshed about what "just work" means. :)

Yes, definitely an over-statement, for which I apologise.  All the same, if we
insist on using a bleeding edge distro it is to be expected that things will
break from time to time.  The truth is that it works most of the time, and if
we can't live with the rest, then maybe Fedora is not the best distro to use.
It really is a matter of choice.

Anne