Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sat Jun 21 00:10:56 UTC 2008

Craig White wrote:
<snip>
> Those on Fedora who use KDE and want everything to be perfect should
> probably still be on Fedora 8 though I really have few complaints with

i am using f8 and from what i have been thru and still going thru,
i must say that f8 is not a whole lot better than what i am reading
that f9 is like.

both seem to be proof of 'you get what you pay for'. this is not to
knock fedora, 'betas' need to be tested some where.

when ever i go to shut down kde, i play a guessing game with it. should
i bother with 'log out' or go ahead and press <ctrl+alt+bkspc>, which,
by the way, fails almost as often as 'log out'.

i do believe that it would be better to delay a release when so many
bugs are present. if a lot of bugs are known and left for later update,
i believe that it would be better to at least have a 'bug list' included.
then we, as 'testers' would at least know what to watch out for.

granted, developers will never know where all bugs are, but at least it
would be nice to know about 'known bugs' when they release. in fact, if
i had a 'known bugs list' i just might enjoy being a guinea pig. :o)

> By the way...I've never experienced a Fedora (i386, x86_64 or ppc)
> installation that didn't work...so yeah, I actually expect it to work
> and it has always met that expectation.

installations usually do work and are not that difficult, except when it
comes to hardware conflicts. after all, what is so hard about installing
software to a hard drive compared to getting software to work?

--

tc,hago.

.