Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Jun 21 00:16:12 UTC 2008

Paul Johnson <pauljohn32 <at> gmail.com> writes:
> He is speaking for me.  I was a RedHat / Fedora user 10 years, 1 month
> ago, I became an Ubuntu user.

FYI, Kubuntu is dropping KDE 3 support in Intrepid Ibex, which will be released
at about the same time as Fedora 10.
https://wiki.kubuntu.org/KubuntuIntrepidVersion
Their setup will be almost exactly as it is now in Fedora 9 (and will be in
Fedora 10 too): no more KDE 3 desktop and core KDE 3 modules, only KDE 3
libraries and the KDE 3 versions of (mostly third-party) applications not yet
ported to KDE 4.

So the distro you're switching to isn't really doing much different from the
one you're escaping from, the only difference is that they're doing things one
release later, with the intermediary solution of parallel-installable KDE 3 and
4 in Hardy Heron, which we skipped because it would have been a lot of work for
something which would probably have been thrown out one or two releases later
(in Kubuntu, that solution is only lasting for a single release!).

        Kevin Kofler