Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !

David Boles dgboles at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 02:44:22 UTC 2008

Mike Bird wrote:
> On Fri June 20 2008 18:50:45 David Boles wrote:
>> But you do know that you new distro will switch to KDE 4.0 soon too right?
>
> Your definition of "soon" must be different than mine:
>
> Fedora will support KDE 3.5 until approximately December 2008.
> Kubuntu will support KDE 3.5 until approximately October 2009.
> Debian will support KDE 3.5 until maybe 2011 or 2012.
>
> I'm expecting KDE 4.2 or KDE 4.3 to be suitable for prime time.
> They should arrive in Fedora in May 2009 and November 2009.
> That leaves Fedora without support for a prime time KDE for
> several months.  There's no such gap with Debian or Kubuntu.
>
> Other distros are also shipping KDE 3.5 alongside KDE 4.x but
> I haven't analyzed their timetables.

Hmm..  I do not use KDE. I'm a GNOME user. So this is really off target for me.

By all means do as you wish. Switch or bitch for KDE. But I have seen, on
other Fedora lists, all of the efforts being made by the KDE team for 'your' KDE.

Helping works much, much better than bitching with community projects. Anyone
can bitch. Those that truly care help.

Again it is your choice. As I said... I don't use KDE. But I have seen a lot
of work by the KDE group. Helping them will do a lot more good than all of
these 'me too' complaints.
--

   David