Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 21 09:48:13 UTC 2008

On Friday 20 June 2008 23:53:47 Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> I saw no one stating nothing like that. The blame some people have put
> on Fedora was for shipping an incomplete KDE4 when there was the option
> to ship the fully functional KDE 3.5.9. These people said that Fedora
> should have waited for KDE4 to become more stable/functional before
> opting to include it in Fedora.
> That's all, and even that is arguable.

Most of the really bad things about KDE4 were fixed about a week after release
of F9.  I consider that pretty good.  OK, the desktop can't, at present, be
used in just the same way as we have done before, but everything is
available, so is it really such a big deal?  We have been told that even that
is fixed in 4.1, which is only a few weeks away.

My first reaction to finding that I didn't have desktop icons for my nfs
shares was a feeling of loss, yet I can open those shares in either dolphin
or konqueror, so it's really no more than a minor inconvenience.  The same
goes for most of the other things that are 'missing'.  Work-arounds exist,
while work goes on to fix the situation.

Anne