6/20/2008 updates kill Rhytymbox/mplayer sound

Max Pyziur pyz at brama.com
Sat Jun 21 15:32:39 UTC 2008

I guess F9 has self-correcting gremlins installed. I rebooted and these
sound problems are not occurring. Furthermore, with 6/20/2008 update sound
is now avilable with flash for things like youtube videos.

I did install xmms-pulse-0.9.4-5.fc9.1.x86_64 before the reboot.

I also tried setting System-> Preferences -> Harware -> Sound to
"Autodetect" for Sound Events, Music and Movies, and Audio COnferencing
(for Sound Playback) before rebooting. However, that did not restore
sound.

<head scratching in wonder>

Max Pyziur
pyz at brama.com