Can't get flash-plugin working in FF3 ??

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Sat Jun 21 15:56:31 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-06-21 at 11:43 -0400, William Case wrote:
> Hi;
>
> The subject of media has been something I have avoided, so I am a newbie
> at understanding what I might be doing wrong.
>
> I am running F9 -x86_64 and FireFox3.  Yum shows me flash-plugin (Adobe
> Flash Plugin 9.0.124.0 arch i386) is installed.  Firefox 'about:plugin'
> shows me flash-plugin is NOT installed.  After download and installation
> I re-booted just to sure and no joy.
>
> What could I be doing wrong? Where should I look?  Is there an arch
> mis-match?
>
> Dumb question: Is there a Linux substitute for Adobe Flash?

Indeed there are substitutes and alternatives, but IHMO / experience,
none of them are as good as Flash 9.

The way I got this to work reliably on 64-bit F9 was to read and follow
the instructions on Section 10.5.1 of the F9 Release Notes. You can even
copy / paste the specific commands to complete the task if you like.

For the sake of convenience, the F9 US English Release Notes are found
at:

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f9/en_US/

Hope that helps!

Cheers,