Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !

Kelly Miller lightsolphoenix at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 06:16:39 UTC 2008

> And don't give me the crap that Fedora is bleeding edge software.   F9
> is beyond bleeding, its suicidal.

Actually, I find that greatly ironic, as I switched temporarily to openSUSE
because IMO Fedora isn't moving fast ENOUGH for my taste.  I really really
want to run KDE 4.1 (which IS most definitely usable as a desktop, and a
rather excellent one I might add), but Fedora only has it in Rawhide, and
uh... Rawhide blows up way too often for my liking.  I'm probably going to
switch back to Fedora when KDE 4.1 is finally released for Fedora 9.

Actually, the whole KDE argument was bound to be brought up; I know a number
of people mentioned that KDE 4.0 was likely to drive longtime KDE 3.5 users
crazy.  However, I can see the logic in trying to move towards it, as it gives
the devs and packagers a chance to find and fix bugs and figure out what's
missing before KDE 4.1...