How to boot from floppy to install Fedora 9 from CD?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jun 22 07:53:23 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-06-22 at 08:29 +0200, cjakeman wrote:
> Although 7 years old, the PC is 1.3GHz and 256MB so it should cope.

I'd be surprised that a PC that fast was built before booting from
CD-ROMs was a supported feature.

What have you done to try and boot from the CD?

Have you gone through the BIOS and looked for boot options?  Perhaps a
different CD drive will work better?  (Boot drive order, configuring IDE
ports to recognise that a CD is connected to one, etc.)

Have you burnt the disc in a manner that it can be booted from?  (Try it
on another PC, you can boot it without upsetting anything on the hard
drive, simply don't start installing.)

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.6-55.fc9.i686