OT How to get National Public Radio FM on Rythmbox

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Sun Jun 22 13:46:43 UTC 2008

Hi all and thanks;

On Sun, 2008-06-22 at 05:21 -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-06-21 at 23:56 -0400, William Case wrote:
> > Hi -- particularly to my American friends.
> >
> > Does anybody know how to get National Public Radio (NPR) as a feed on
> > Rythmbox.  I am new to using Radio + computer and I would like to add a
> > NPR station to my list of stations.  But I can't seem to find an
> > Internet feed.  Maybe it doesn't exist, but if someone knows how to get
> > any (North Easteren US -- I'm in Ottawa, Canada) FM station I would
> > appreciate it.
>
> http://www.npr.org/audiohelp/progstream.html
>
> There's also a list of NPR stations at http://www.npr.org/stations/.
> You could stream any of those.

I had gone to http://www.npr.org/stations/ and tried border cities, but
none of them seemed what I remembered.  A lot of their own programming.

I had visited my sister in Maine a couple of years ago and she had some
(I don't know which) NPR station streaming to her computer.  It was
always on low in the background.  It was perfect for listening while
working.

Loved the car guys.

--
Regards Bill;