F9 - sendmail won't send on startup?

Knute Johnson linux at www.knutejohnson.com
Sun Jun 22 19:48:04 UTC 2008

Craig White wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-06-22 at 12:17 -0700, Knute Johnson wrote:
>> Craig White wrote:

>>> ----
>>> I'm out...I abandoned sendmail for postfix years ago. A suggestion
>>> though...set up a server on your lan to handle relaying all outbound
>>> mail and use an smtp connection to that server instead of relying upon
>>> the local /usr/bin/sendmail binary. That pretty much solves the issue of
>>> configuring each workstation to handle mail deliveries.
>>>
>>> Craig
>>>
>> There are a million ways around the problem, but I'd really just like to
>> fix it.
>>
>> Thanks for trying though.
> ----
> I feel that you missed my point.
>
> If you are going to rely upon configuring sendmail on each machine on
> your LAN to deliver e-mail, you need to have working DNS and some
> knowledge on how to configure sendmail. That's what's required to fix
> it. You are choosing your own burdens here.
>
> Craig

I understand you perfectly.  However there is no DNS problem as I can
read mail from the server, the browser works and I can ping.  There is
some new problem with F9 that is causing this or something that works
differently on F9.  This has worked fine on every version of Fedora
since 1 and it works fine as soon as I restart sendmail.

--

Knute Johnson
linux at www.knutejohnson.com