having trouble with JRE

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Mon Jun 23 04:30:00 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-23 at 09:17 +0530, Sriram Bhamidipati wrote:
> Hi folks
> I am new to Java installation as i was a windows user and I didnt
> install java before.
> I am now using Fedora8 and trying to get JRE running Java applets
> launched via firefox3

First off, even after installing the rpm, you still have to create a
link to your plugins dir.  Locate your libjavaplugin.so file and create
a link as below..

link -s /path/to/libjavaplugin.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/.

Or, you could just install the java-1.7.0-icedtea-plugin package and get
the free version of it that works out of the box (or as installed).

--
Mike Chambers
mikec302 at fedoraproject.org