(fedora) vpnc on fedora9 drops frequently

Jouk Jansen joukj at hrem.nano.tudelft.nl
Mon Jun 23 08:26:11 UTC 2008

superprad at gmail.com wrote on 20-JUN-2008 18:49:04.54

>Has anyone noticed this on fedora-9. I use vpnc and it drops my network
>connection every few minutes of inactivity. I'll have to restart my network
>and reconnect through vpnc again.

Does it drop the network or only the VPN-connection. Normally the
VPN-servers are configured to drop the connection on inactivity (so they
will also drop when the client dies). I normally solve this by running a
"dummy" process which keeps activity on the line : i.e. a remote xclock
displaying on the remote vpn-client.

                Jouk

Bush : All votes are equal but some votes are more equal than others.

  Jouk Jansen

  joukj at hrem.nano.tudelft.nl

  Technische Universiteit Delft        tttttttttt  uu     uu  ddddddd
  Kavli Institute of Nanoscience       tttttttttt  uu     uu  dd    dd
  Nationaal centrum voor HREM              tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Lorentzweg 1                             tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  2628 CJ Delft                            tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Nederland                                tt      uu     uu  dd    dd
  tel. 31-15-2782272                       tt       uuuuuuu   ddddddd