yum / not yum

tony.chamberlain at lemko.com tony.chamberlain at lemko.com
Mon Jun 23 15:48:48 UTC 2008

I am making (actually made) an install package to install a PPTP VPN.
It does the following:

1: rpm -Uvh dkms-2.0.5-1.noarch.rpm kernel_ppp_mppe-0.0.5-2dkms.noarch.rpm libglade-0.17-14.i386.rpm libxml-1.8.17-6.i386.rpm

2: rpm -Uvh http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net/yum/stable/fc6/pptp-release-current.noarch.rpm

3: yum --enablerepo=pptp-stable install pptpconfig

The RPMs in number 1 are in my package, and I suppose I can locate 2 (pptp-release-current.noarch.rpm) and get a local
copy.

But if I want to make it so Internet is not needed to install this I have to find a way to do #3 locally (get files and
place in my installation package rather than use yum). I also have to find pptp-release-current.noarch.rpm.

Any ideas on 2 and 3 so I can make a package not requiring internet (nor yum)?