Wireless problems.

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Mon Jun 23 19:24:07 UTC 2008

Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-06-23 at 14:50 -0400, Mark Haney wrote:
>> Matthew Saltzman wrote:
>>> Did it get rid of the multiple copies?  Did it correctly detect the
>>> cards?
>> It did.  Until a second reboot. Then they came back.
>
> In /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-<interface>, is there a
> HWADDR=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx line?
>
>>> A that point, I'd consider filing a bug.  John Linville handles the
>>> wireless stuff, and he's usually been pretty responsive.
>> The problem is, I don't know what the problem is, so don't know what to
>> file.
>
> It probably doesn't make too much difference, in the sense that wherever
> you file, you'll get help troubleshooting.
>
> If none of the connectivity tools leads to a connection, I'd probably
> start with the kernel (Linville's beat), suspecting that it's a wireless
> driver issue.  It can always be reassigned later if troubleshooting
> leads you to some other component.

Probably not a bad idea. Yes, there is a HWADDR= line.  And it matches
with the address that shows up in dmesg.

I noticed you're at Clemson.  I was down there last month for CIDays.
The campus is much prettier than I remember the last time I was there.
(Which, sadly, was the Fumble-rooski Bobby Bowden pulled against you.)

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support