F8 All multi media is TRIPLE SPEED!

Nifty Hat Mitch nifty.hat at niftyegg.com
Mon Jun 23 23:37:27 UTC 2008

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 11:46:29 -0700, Nat Gross <nat101l at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 2:29 PM, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Hey. Thanks for introducing me to sox. I wish I had known such a thing existed
>>> and I will need it in the future. But, it is too complex for me right now just
>>> to play something with it.
>>
>> play filename
>
> yep. Still about triple speed.
> Remember the vinyl records? Sounds like a 33 being played at 78. (If I
> remember the numbers)

Curious, is cpuspeed active?

Since cpuspeed (see also powernow) can tinker with the processor's clock speed it is 'possible' but unlikely
that the audio code woke up with the CPU running at a low power slow speed and made timing decisions that mismatch the
CPU running at full speed.

--
Nifty Hat Mitch
T o m   M i t c h e l l