F8 All multi media is TRIPLE SPEED!

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 00:29:35 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-23 at 11:50 -0400, Nat Gross wrote:
> 2008/6/23 wwp <subscript at free.fr>:
> > Hello Nat,
> >

> > On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 20:15:06 -0400 "Nat Gross" <nat101l at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Running Fedora 8 32 bit on an Intel 1.6ghz. (This box has run Fedora
> >> since FC Test 3.) (Latest yum updates.)
> >> About 2 weeks ago, my sound/video system started playing back
> >> everything at double-triple speed!
> >>
> >> Actually video seems like double speed but audio is like 3-4x!
> >> Over the time in years from FC3, 4, 5, 6, 8, there have been various
> >> multimedia engines installed on this box.
> >> I have no idea where to start!
> >> Any idea please?
> >
> > Same here but only few .wav files are impacted, I noticed this change
> > after a yum update (kerbel + alsa 1.0.16? + reboot), approx. two weeks
> > ago.
> >
> It happens in ALL apps, including Flash media (mlb, youtube, cbs/nbc),
> as well as offline programs including RealPlayer, Kplayer, and others.
> It happens in kde and gnome.
>
> I don't think I'll try Rick Moore's advice<g> but I'll try Micheal's ideas.
> nat
> Hey Rick M. Was your advice, um.. SOUND advice?

Drat, I forgot to mention waving a chicken foot at it. (from Caldera
List days) At 4AM that's what you get. Especially when I'm backing up my
system to a pile of 20 gig harddrives. It's amazing the pile of pure
crap that can accumulate that you don't want to part with.

Especially all the emails from this list, youtube videos, space games,
databases, project files, mp3's, pictures, postcards, my Nigerian Bride
collection ("Before I send the money can you send me more pics?"),
Family Tree stuff, Non-Profit stuff, Wonderland Devel files, Java files
out the Yin Yang. God only knows what I'll forget. Yikes! The web
pages!! Ohmigosh, gotta go.   <chuckles> :) Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
https://oar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 336-254-1339