Network connection issue

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Tue Jun 24 15:38:41 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-24 at 09:27 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-06-24 at 01:59 +0000, Jim Douglas wrote:
> >
> > I am thinking I may have had the "Services" window open and clicked on
> > something by accident....cable modem connection.  Can't browse
> > internet, there are no other computers.
> >
> > pinging is fine, a remote Ip times out...
> >
> > Jim
> How cn pinging be fine if remote ip times out?

Not sure what he meant by that either, cept maybe has to do with
intranet and internet?

Anyway, wonder how his /etc/resolv.conf file is?  Does he have his dns
servers listed there?  Does he get an IP?  Is his gateway and netmask
defined?

 I guess if he posted his ifcfg-eth0 contents and /etc/resolv.conf
contents that might lead to a discovery.

--
Mike Chambers
mikec302 at fedoraproject.org