how to not lock the screen

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Tue Jun 24 21:52:56 UTC 2008

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008, g wrote:

> Michael Hennebry wrote:
> > More data:
> > The problem went away for a while for no apparent reason.
> > Hence, I haven't posted in a while.
> > I turned off my computer when I went away for a weekend.
>
> you should have stayed home or left computer on.
>
> > I turned it on yesterday and today the problem is back.
>
> or, left it off. :o)
>
> > Any ideas?

> what all has been gone thru. back later after i check.

Thanks.
Assuming that I can get to anothe virtual terminal,
is there a way to ask which processes are using the X display?
Better yet, is there a way to find out which process has a lock
or created the top window?

I'm at work now and can't test any theories.

"Those parts of the system that you can hit with a hammer (not advised)
are called Hardware;  those program instructions that you can only
curse at are called Software."