Fedora clean install USB lan adapter causes kernel failure

Joe W. Byers ecjbosu at aol.com
Thu Jun 26 01:20:36 UTC 2008

I install fedora 9 from a freshly downloaded dvd on a newly built box.
verstion 2.6.25.14.  Set up the network on my usb adapter and everything
worked fine. Lynksys WUSB54Gc adapter.

I updated my install using yum and rebooted intalled 2.6.25.6-55.  The
boot went good and boted faster than the original install.  I went to
shutdown and got a kernel fault with a usb driver or module.  I can't
get anything out of the logs.  I  have install F9 twice.  The first time
this would just get worse, dropping the network connection.  When I
tried to restart the network, a error in ifdown script would occur.

I would appreciate any help.

thank you
Joe